Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Things we miss while rushing through content





Yesterday, myself and three friends decided to do Karazhan for old times sake. We had a blast beating up on our old enemies. It really made me notice how much cooler of an instance Kara was than Naxx. We werent just rushing through Kara, we were strolling through on our own accord and having a nice time. This brings me to some screenshots I found.

The one at the top of the page is in Medivh's bedchamber. It is a picture of dear ole Dad, Nielas Aran. Many people probably missed this entire area previously. To get to it, you take the long way to Prince Malchezzar and go left at the flesh beasts instead of right and up the stairs.

The one at the bottom of the page is Medivh's huge frickin bed. The dude lived in style. On the way to his bed chamber there are many statues and pillows adorning the ground.

The picture directly below, I did not know what to make of it exactly. Perhaps it is part of a quest or something, but it is Arthas running around and killing the scourge in the camp where you do Battle Before the Citadel. He was just randomly running around and killing gargoyles.

Sometimes when you just take a look around you, you will find a game that you didnt know existed.




3 comments:

Dorgol said...

The Arthas bit is from a quest. I don't want to ruin it for you... but you actually end up BEING Arthas for a bit.

I recommend the questline, as you get to see several bits of lore played out first hand.

Anonymous said...

Someday, when I am all grown up, I too will visit Kara and admire the portraits.

This looked like such fun - I'm envious :)

*vlad* said...

In Kara we used to go through the bedroom all the time, until a new team mate told us we could go right instead and skip all those nasty mobs.

In vanilla WoW I spent many a time lost in either Sunken Temple, BRD and LBRS.
They don't make them like that any more.